League of California Cities’ Women’s Caucus
You do not have to give the Women’s Caucus personal information to visit the Site.
The Women’s Caucus collects personally identifiable information (first and last name, physical address, email address, telephone number, credit/debit card numbers, or other identifiers that permit the physical or online contacting of an individual) only if specifically and knowingly provided by you.
The personally identifiable information you provide through the Site may be used to:
- Respond to your email inquiry;
- Provide the services you request;
- Deliver the services or products you purchase or order on the Site;
- Forward your email inquiry to the appropriate person or entity for response or assistance; or
- Notify you of issues or information in subject areas or matters you have expressed interest in or concern about.
- The information you provide may also be collected for the Women’s Caucus’s statistical purposes, including to perform analyses of user behavior to measure customer interest in the various areas of, or particular pages on, the Site. The Women’s Caucus does not include personally identifiable information in disclosing any consumer information in aggregate form for analysis.
- If the Women’s Caucus is merely responding to your electronic inquiry, the personally identifiable information you provided for the Women’s Caucus to do so will not be maintained.
- If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits. We use this information to learn about the number of visitors accessing different sections of or pages on the Site, what information is of greatest interest, and technical information that will enhance your ease of use, such as system performance, problem areas, and the types of technology our visitors use. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the Site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the Site;
- The date and time you access the Site;
- The pages you visit; andIf you linked to the Site from another website, the Internet address of that website.
The Women’s Caucus is a California nonprofit corporation that provides education and advocacy services for and on behalf of California cities. The organization’s membership consists of most cities in the State, represented by public officials who work together through the Women’s Caucus to enhance their professional knowledge and skills, exchange information about municipal issues, and combine resources to better serve and advocate on behalf of their cities. The Women’s Caucus operates for purely professional purposes, and any personal information provided by an individual to the Women’s Caucus for personal purposes is not shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If for any reason you wish to request confirmation that your personally identifying information has not been shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, or if you have questions or concerns or wish to access or modify your personal information provided through the Site, contact the Women’s Caucus at:
League of California Cities’ Women’s Caucus
1400 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Telephone: (916) 658-8200
Electronic Mail Precautions
Remember that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your bank account number(s), credit card number(s), or social security number, you should send it by mail unless the Site indicates that a particular website is secured.
Electronic Commerce Precautions
Some of our Site pages allow you to purchase products or services, or to request information electronically. That information will be maintained and protected in accordance with the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. 552a, which means that it will be secured in transit to us and secured once received. The Women’s Caucus will not share this information with third parties other than necessary to fulfill your order or request; comply with the law or legal process served on the Women’s Caucus or the Site; protect and defend the rights, interests or property of the Women’s Caucus, including its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, affiliates, marketing partners, consultants, or third parties; or to protect the personal safety of Women’s Caucus members or members of the public.
From time to time, the Women’s Caucus may conduct online surveys that ask you for demographic data. The Women’s Caucus or its agents may also contact you by telephone with the option to participate in other member research studies. Participation in any survey or other consumer research is always voluntary. The Women’s Caucus aggregates the responses received before using the information, to improve the information, products and services the Women’s Caucus offers. The Women’s Caucus does not link your individual responses to your personal information at any time.
We occasionally send mail and e-mail communications to our members to let them know about new programs, products and special offers. If you wish to discontinue receiving such communications, you may unsubscribe from receiving them at any time. To unsubscribe, simply find the appropriate link on the Site homepage or the applicable email communication.